IBM Infosphere Information Server is oriented to improve the integration of information through the functionalities of its different components, which allow it to take advantage of the full potential of the data in conditions of sufficient quality and reliability, even in highly complex environments.
This IBM solution helps transform information regardless of its format and deliver it to any system, ensuring agility in the generation of value and reducing the risk associated with IT.
The main components of the IBM Infosphere Information Server
InfoSphere DataStage is one of the components of the IBM Infosphere Information Server. Its contribution to data warehousing is decisive, as it is responsible for moving and transforming operational, transactional, and business analytics data between target systems. This data integration tool is one of the eleven elements that make up the IBM solution, which consists of:
- InfoSphere DataStage
- InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage Designer
- InfoSphere Blueprint Director
- InfoSphere Data Click
- InfoSphere Data Quality Console
- InfoSphere Discovery for Information Integration
- InfoSphere FastTrack
- InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog
- InfoSphere Glossary Anywhere
- InfoSphere Information Governance Dashboard
- InfoSphere Information Services Director
The IBM Infosphere Information Server package also includes InfoSphere FastTrack, which offers capabilities to automate the workflow of the data integration project, allowing the automation of data integration tasks and making it easier for users to track data.
Other interesting components include InfoSphere Information Services Director, which is responsible for ensuring an integrated environment that enables users to quickly deploy InfoSphere Information Server logic as a service; and InfoSphere Blueprint Director, which can be used to define and manage data integration project blueprints, from initial sketches through delivery.
Finally, not to be overlooked is InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog, an interactive Web-based tool that provides end-to-end data flow reporting performs impact analysis of assets using IBM Infosphere Information Server components, and allows users to create, manage and share an internal glossary and classification system.
Integration, the strength of IBM Infosphere Information Server
IBM Infosphere Information Server provides built-in transformation capabilities and a common metadata framework. In this way, it manages to boost process efficiency and accelerate the generation of value from data. Among its strengths are the options it offers for data delivery:
Incremental: for data replication.
Bulk: for ETL, extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
Virtual: a necessity in federated environments.
In addition, thanks to its advanced integration capabilities, the IBM solution enables:
- – Non-technical users to quickly consume data, in self-service mode, when and where they need it, without the need to resort to more specialized IT profiles.
- – Enjoy the benefits of a scalable data integration platform, a way to approach working with big data that makes it possible to outperform Hadoop distributions, process the right workloads with the right tools, and enable data management through data lineage.
- – Integrate data on demand, satisfying even the most complex requirements (multiple sources and targets) and always within a scalable execution timeframe.
- – Enable private or public cloud initiatives.
- – Transform information into value quickly thanks to the implementation of a user-friendly and easy-to-use graphical interface.
- – Facilitate integration with DBMS, Big Data sources, ERP, and other mainframe applications, formats, and systems using native connectivity and API parallelism.
Through the flexible integration enabled by IBM Infosphere Information Server, the information that drives business and strategic initiatives are reliable, consistent, and can be governed in real-time.
IBM Infosphere Information Server for Data Warehousing
Another advantage of the IBM solution has to do with data warehousing. Infosphere Information Server works information integration to accelerate data warehousing implementations, something it achieves thanks to its features, which enable it to:
- – Provide information integration capabilities for the data warehouse.
- – Facilitate information understanding.
- – Drive data cleansing, profiling, and data matching.
In this way, it manages to integrate data from heterogeneous sources to provide a complete business view, faster and at a lower cost. But its benefits don’t end there:
- Increases business users’ confidence in data: thanks to the contextualization of data associated with its lineage, which improves the information governance function, without forgetting the importance of data cleansing and quality monitoring functions.
- Accelerates deployment: providing user-friendly tools, empowering the user to perform advanced analytics based on heterogeneous sources; taking care of the integration architecture, and ensuring connectivity to enterprise applications, to guarantee access to the most relevant data.
- Minimizes total cost of ownership: One of the most notable benefits of IBM Infosphere Information Server in terms of data warehousing is that it provides best practices and business user-centric tools that promote self-service, thus helping to build the data warehouse best suited to the needs of the organization.
Working with data from different sources in conditions of full integration and in real-time, doing so in a convenient, simple, and customized way are some of the main advantages of the IBM solution at the user level that, together with the benefits for IT, such as reducing development time and improving the consistency of design and implementation, make this option the most recommended technological alternative for any organization that prioritizes data integration.